This project is a shelter and currently provides a home to donkeys, coming from for example donkey dealers, ex-work animals, found donkeys, etc. The project also takes care of a number of cats and dogs.
Voluntary work with donkeys in Greece. The project was established in 2004 as a shelter for mainly old, sick and / or injured donkeys that were used as work animals. Most donkeys who live on the project have been brought by their owner or are found abandoned.
The goals of the project are: to give old donkeys a safe and happy retirement, to help the sick and injured donkeys, and to give a chance of healing and recovery, to regain the trust of abused donkeys and to give the abandoned donkeys a sense of security.
The shelter has an experienced staff. Every day someone from the staff will be the supervisor for the volunteers. The staff is enthusiastic and likes to work with volunteers of different nationalities. The language spoken here is English.
The project is located near a village in the northwest of the Greek island of Corfu. The donkey center is located in a beautiful area and close to beautiful beaches.
There are many things to do in your free time. For example: go out to discover the beautiful surroundings or relax on nearby rocky or sandy beaches. Visit different places like Corfu town. And of course a visit to Achillion (summer palace of Sissi) and Korrision Lake, where you can spot different species of birds such as the flamingo, can not be missed.
You travel on your own to the project in Corfu, Greece. Detailed travel information will be provided after your booking.
Voluntary work with donkeys is varied and your tasks may consist of, for example:
- Prepare food for the donkeys
- Feeding the donkeys, and other animals (dogs, cats, chickens)
- Manage medication
- Cleaning stables and pasture and staying at other animals
- Providing hay / litter and water during the day
- General observation and daily care such as brushing, etc.
- Exhausting dogs
- In case of interest and / or experience, you can also help with clinical activities such as cleaning wounds, managing specialized medicines, etc.
- Especially in the summer period the project is also visited by tourists. Volunteers also help to guide visitors around and tell more about the donkeys and the reception center
You work 5 days a week, about 7 hours a day (sometimes longer). You have 2 days off each week.
If you want to book this accommodation or want information about alternative accommodation, please indicate this in your booking form or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum age of 20 years and 18 years for students. Teenagers from the age of 16 are also welcome together with a parent / supervisor
- Being able to communicate and work in a team in English
- Be interested in animal protection and have a good physical condition (especially in the summer period the work can be physically heavy)
- For your own good and for the donkeys the project does not accept volunteers and students who are pregnant, suffer from severe mental and / or physical problems such as back problems, rheumatism, asthma, dust allergies, etc.
- No vaccinations are required for this project (For the most actual information we advise you to visit a local medical center)
Working on the project is possible throughout the year. You can determine an arrival date yourself. Minimum stay of 2 weeks. Note: The project is often fully booked in May, June and September and mainly needs volunteers in the other (winter) months.
|Period||Price per person|
|Regardless of the duration of your stay||€ 150,00|
- Information and assistance before departure
- If desired, free estimate of flight options / travel possibilities (the most convenient flights options at a glance)
- Training and guidance
- Program and administration costs
- And, of course a very memorable experience!
Prices are valid for the mentioned periods in the year 2020.
There is accommodation near the project available from € 10.00 p.p.p.n. For more information: email@example.com.